Effective Date: Oct 19, 2021
iMedia Brands and its subsidiaries is a leading interactive media company which owns and operates a portfolio of television networks, consumer brands, and digital services to offer a single-source partner for advertisers and consumer brands to entertain and transact with customers using interactive video. iMedia Brands maintains this Policy to keep you informed about the information we may collect from you, or that you may provide to us when you interact with one of our television networks, consumer brands, or digital services, how we use and share that information, and your options with regard to our use of that information.
Scope of the Policy
This Policy is Part of Our Terms of Service
This Policy is part of the Terms of Service [LINK] that govern your use of our Websites. Please take a few minutes to review this Policy and the Terms of Service to familiarize yourself with our practices and your obligations when using this Site and our Services. Your use of this Website constitutes consent to be governed by the Terms of Service and this Policy.
Updates to this Policy
We review our privacy practices from time to time, which are subject to change. We ask that you periodically review this page to remain familiar with the most current version of our Policy. Information collected after the posted effective date will be treated in accordance with the then most current Policy. When this Policy changes, we will update the “Effective date” at the top of the page.
Supplemental Privacy Notices
This Policy may be supplemented or amended from time to time by additional privacy notices posted to a Site. For example, certain Sites may contain additional privacy notices about optional programs that request additional information from you or use information you provide in ways beyond those described in this Policy. Such privacy notices are specific to the activities described therein.
Information We Collect
In certain areas of our Sites, we may ask you to submit information that identifies you as an individual (“Personal Information”) to us, and we may invite you to request information from us. In addition to any information that you may voluntarily provide, the Sites may automatically collect information about you and your use of the Sites.
Information We Automatically Collect
We automatically collect information about your interactions with our Sites, including information about the device you use to access the Sites.
- collect information about how visitors use the Sites (for example, which pages they visit, which links they use, and how long they stay on each page);
- support the features and functionality of the Sites (for example, to save a visitor the trouble of re-entering information already in our database or to prompt the settings they established on previous visits);
- personalize a visitor’s experience when they use the Sites; and
- improve our marketing efforts, including targeted advertising.
We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. The information we collect using cookies and similar technologies may or may not be directly identifying of you, but we may link it to Personal Information that you provide. If you do not wish to receive cookies, you may set your browser to reject cookies or to alert you when a cookie is placed on your computer. Although you are not required to accept cookies when you visit our Sites, you may be unable to use all of the functionality of the Sites if your browser rejects cookies.
Information from Your Computer or Mobile Device. When you access a Site through your computer or mobile device, we may automatically collect certain information from and/or about your device, such as IP address, access dates and times, information about your approximate location (as determined through your IP address), hardware and software information, mobile and computer or hardware device information. This information allows us to understand how you’ve used the Site, and other actions you have taken in connection with your use of the Site. We automatically collect log data when you access and use our Sites.
Information You Provide to Us
Account Registration Information. When you sign up for an account with one of our Services, and if you register for membership in a loyalty program, you provide us with your basic contact information, including your name and email address. You can also provide additional information to fill out your account. We use this information to better understand who you are and what content and products might be relevant for you, to communicate with you about your account, and to send you messages about our products, content, and Services.
E-Mail Content and Newsletters. You may choose to provide us with Personal Information in an email message to one of the addresses listed on our Sites or by submitting your information in a “Contact Us” section of a Site. We use this information to respond to your message, fulfill your order, complete payment, or to register you for Services, and we may use it to market or promote relevant content, products, or other services to you. If you sign up for an email newsletter, you have the option to unsubscribe at any time. Any information you choose to provide regarding special interests may be used for marketing and promotional purposes. By providing this information, you may receive occasional email messages from iMedia Brands, one of our subsidiaries, or an affiliated organization.
Payment Information. You may provide payment information, including credit card or financial account information, to pay for content and products ordered through a Site, or to pay for your membership in our loyalty program. This information is used only to fulfill the transactional purpose for which you submit it to us and may be processed by a third-party vendor on our behalf, or by a partner organization to complete your transaction. We use a third-party payment processor to take payment on our Services.
Additional Sources of Information. You may provide additional information to us when you request information about our Services. We may receive this information from you through email, a Site, or over the phone. This information may be combined with other information received through the various mediums and Media Channels through which you interact with us and with information collected by other iMedia Brands.
How We Store Information
We use appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security that is reasonable and appropriate to the risk of the Personal Information we hold. We leverage reputable vendors to assist in the provision of our services. Unfortunately, the transmission of information over the Internet is not without risk, and although we implement appropriate and reasonable methods to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of that information. Any transmission of Personal Information through a Site is at your own risk and we are not responsible for circumvention of our security measures.
Third-Party Analytics Tools
Beyond the information you voluntarily provide to us directly, our Sites utilize analytics tools, including third-party technologies such as Google Analytics, to collect information and help us understand how visitors engage with our Site. To learn more about Google Analytics, click here. To learn more about how Google uses data collected through partner sites or applications, click here .
Third-Party Advertising Tools
Third parties may deliver cookies or other tracking technologies, including web beacons or tracking pixels) to your computer or mobile device for the purpose of tracking your online behaviors across nonaffiliated websites, and to deliver targeted advertisements on other nonaffiliated websites. For example, we may use the Facebook Pixel to better understand who visits our Sites and to provide you relevant targeted advertisements on other websites.
How We Use Information
We use the information we collect to provide you Services, enhance your experience on our Sites, to improve our Services, and for marketing and promotional efforts. For more details about how we use information, please see below.
Use of Information You Provide to Us. Generally, we may use information you provide to us through a Site:
- to provide the information, products, content, and Services you request;
- for security or fraud prevention purposes;
- to provide you with effective customer service;
- to provide you with a personalized experience when you use our Sites;
- to contact you with information and notices related to your use of our Sites;
- to better understand your needs and interests;
- to improve the content, functionality and usability of our Sites;
- to improve our Services;
- to improve our marketing and promotional efforts; and
- for any other purpose identified in an applicable privacy notice, click-through agreement, or other agreement between you and us.
Please see “Your Choices” below for information about the choices you have about the ways we use the information we collect about you.
Use of Aggregated Information. We may use information gathered through a Site to create a compiled, aggregate view of a Site’s or iMedia Brands’s total audiences and its visitors’ usage patterns. We use aggregated information to improve our content and product offerings, operate our services, and to better understand our audience as we develop new products and services. We may also share aggregated information—which no longer identifies any individuals—with our third-party service providers as well as with potential advertisers, so they can better understand and/or market to our audience.
Use of Individually-Identifiable Information. [Placeholder for details about iMedia’s use of identifiable information, specifically with regard to the portal business.]
Third-Party Data Sharing and Disclosure
Corporate Affiliates. We may share your personal information with our subsidiaries (“Corporate Affiliates”) who may use this information to contact you with information and offers they believe will be of interest to you. The Corporate Affiliates’ use of your Personal Information is subject to this Policy.
Extended Warranty Providers and Other Vendors. If you purchase an extended warranty in connection with products you purchase through iMedia Brands, we will share with the company that provides the extended warranty the information it needs to service the extended warranty and offer you renewal and other options.
Business Negotiations. We may contemplate, for strategic or other reasons, selling, buying, merging, or otherwise reorganizing our businesses. In negotiating with a third party about entering into such an arrangement, we may need to disclose your Personal Information. In such cases, we will take reasonable measures to protect the Personal Information we disclose, for example, by requiring a prospective partner or purchaser to sign a non-disclosure agreement limiting the use and protecting the confidentiality of the information.
Business Transfers. We may transfer the information you submit on or through a Site, including Personal Information, to a partner or buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, transfer of control, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by iMedia Brands, a subsidiary, or an affiliated company about one, many, or all of our Sites’ users are among the assets transferred.
Vendors. We may from time to time retain third-party vendors in order to help us manage the Sites and allow us to better serve our visitors and customers. These may include third-party vendors we engage to analyze the information we collect for marketing or similar purposes.
Service Providers. We may also share information, including Personal Information, to third-party vendors to help us provide the Services. For example, we may use a cloud-service provider to host information we collect or other aspects of our Services. Such vendors have access to Personal Information for a limited purpose and for a limited period of time and are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the Personal Information we share with them and to use it only to perform activities on our behalf
Other Business Partners and Selected Vendors. We work closely with certain business partners and carefully selected vendors to provide you with access to their products and other offerings. We may share Personal Information about you with these business partners or selected vendors, and they may use this information to offer you products that they believe will be of interest to you or to address any questions or concerns that you may have about their products. For example, if you do not have an iMedia Brands-Branded Credit Card, we may share Personal Information about you with the Issuer (defined above), who may use this information to offer you products and services that it believes will be of interest to you.
Links to Third-Party Websites
In General. We respect your right to make choices about the ways in which your Personal Information is collected and used. For example, we will include instructions to unsubscribe from communications in each electronic newsletter or promotional email we send you.
Unsubscribe from Newsletters or Promotional Communications. We want to provide you information that is valuable to you. If at any time you wish to be taken off our mailing lists, please follow the unsubscribe instructions included in our communications to you or contact us by email at [INSERT EMAIL ADDRESS], or by mail at the address listed below. Please provide your full name, postal address and email address so that we can find you on our mailing lists. Once we have the information we need, we will remove you from our mailing lists as you have requested. Please give us a reasonable amount of time to honor your request.
Opt-Out Links. We do not control how third parties use your information, but you can opt out of certain third-party activities at the links below.
To opt out of Google Analytics, please visit: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
To opt out of certain ad functions, please visit: https://youradchoices.com/control.
Do Not Track Mechanisms. Because of the changing state of technology and indecision within the industry regarding the meaning of Do Not Track signals, we currently do not make any guarantee that we will honor Do Not Track signals.
Our Sites are not intended for individuals under the age of 16. Children under 16 years old may not use the Sites or access their content without the written permission of a parent or guardian. If you believe that a child under the age of 16 has submitted information on or through one of our Sites without the consent and supervision of a parent or guardian, please contact us as indicated below.
If you have any questions regarding this Policy, please contact us via email at [INSERT EMAIL ADDRESS], by phone at [INSERT PHONE NUMBER], or at the following address:
iMedia Brands, Inc.
6740 Shady Oak Road
Eden Prairie, MN 55344
Note: The following section applies to residents of the European Economic Area only.
For the purposes of this section, Personal Information is equivalent to “personal data,” as it is defined in the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679).
Processing in the United States
This Site is operated by iMedia Brands, Inc. in the United States and any Personal Information submitted through this or the other Sites owned by iMedia Brands or a subsidiary will result in the collection and processing of such information in the United States. As a result, if you are visiting this or another Site from the European Economic Area (or any country other than the United States), your Personal Information will cross an international boundary. The level of protection for your Personal Information in the United States may not be the same as the level of protection in your country.
Lawfulness of Processing
We collect, use, and otherwise process your Personal Information based on the following:
- Based on your consent: In some cases, at the point at which you provide Personal Information, we may ask you for your consent to collect and process your Personal Information. If you choose to provide us with your consent, you may later withdraw your consent (or opt-out) by contacting us as described below. Please note that if you withdraw your consent it will not affect any processing of Personal Information that has already occurred. Where we process your Personal Information based on consent, we may provide more detailed information to you at the time when we obtain your consent.
- Compliance with applicable laws or performance of a contract: In specific circumstances, we may need to process your Personal Information to comply with a relevant law/regulation or to fulfill our obligations under a contract to which you are subject. Where we process your Personal Information to meet our legal obligations, you will likely not be permitted to object to this processing activity, but you will usually have the right to access or review this information unless it would impede our legal obligations. Where we are processing your Personal Information to fulfill our obligations under a contract to which you are a party (e.g., to provide you with our products and services), you might not be able to object to this processing, or if you do choose to opt-out or object to our processing, it may impact our ability to perform a contractual obligation that you are owed.
- Our legitimate interest: We may process your Personal Information based on our legitimate interests in communicating with you and managing our interactions with you regarding our products and Services. In addition to other rights you may have as described below, you have the right to object to such processing of your Personal Information. You can register your objection by contacting us as described below.
Your Data Protection Rights
We comply with applicable data protection laws and value your right to privacy. In furtherance of our obligations to you that flow from our data collection practices, if you are resident in the European Economic Area, the United Kingdom, or Switzerland you are entitled to the following rights:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your Personal Information. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your Personal Information, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your Personal Information, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Information, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- Right to submit complaints to Supervisory Authorities – You have the right to lodge a complaint with an applicable data protection authority. If you reside in Europe, you have the right to lodge such a compliant in the European country of your habitual residence, place of work, or place of an alleged infringement if you consider that the processing of your Personal Information infringes applicable data protection laws. A list of all European supervisory authorities and their respective contact information is available here.
If you make a request, we will respond within one month of receiving your request. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at [INSERT EMAIL] or [+1 INSERT PHONE NUMBER].